Illustration by Julian Totino Tedesco
- Black Widow’s pose is an allusion to Botticelli’s Birth of Venus. She is the goddess aphrodite.
- Her pose is contrapposto.
- Her hair is the same color and lifting the same way as Venus’.
- Her surroundings mimic the painting - the clouds are the sea, the hellicarrier is the shell, the planes are the flowers. Also note the water around the bottom of the shell and hellicarrier.
- The “bad photoshopping” is meant to mimic Botticelli’s style (which wasn’t naturalism). Botticelli used long arms, elongated necks, etc. These seem to be very deliberate changes going by this.
- The picture is flipped. Also note the original’s weird circular tits.
- This is not sexist. It’s building on the idea that Natasha weaponizes her femininity.
- For all two of you who want my thoughts on the matter, I’ve used the tag “black widow poster" to collect my replies.